Full Day Preschool Program
For Ages 3-5 Years Old
Our program is designed to prepare your child for kindergarten and for future success in school and in life. We are creating full bilingual children and guarantee that whether your child enters a English or Spanish immersion kindergarten, he or she will excel. We partner with our families to ensure the children are ready for kindergarten in accordance with the SCOE: https://www.scoe.org/files/SCOE16_booklet_Kindergarten_online.pdf
Our preschool program gets children to focus on their sensory and social development via numerous learning activities:
Just like 2 year olds, preschoolers learn through movement and participation
Special art projects are provided to practice manipulating objects
Students will add on communication and life skills and understanding concepts through puppetry and dramatic play
Students continue to learn letter and number identification and oral language development through age appropriate activities that are arranged thematically each week
Language skills are further developed using various instructional props and manipulatives during interactive play
Storytelling, music, and movement help to further advance important literacy skills
We use the award winning curriculum for school readiness: Handwriting Without Tears (HWWT)
We utilize our own language arts program which we have developed over the years
And, all this happens while learning Spanish!
What is sensory development in early childhood?
From birth through early childhood, children use their senses to explore and try to make sense of the world around them. They do this by touching, tasting, smelling, seeing, moving, and hearing. Children learn best and retain the most information when they engage their senses.
5 Key Benefits of Sensory Play:
1. It builds nerve connections within the developing brain’s neural pathways, which trigger a child’s inclination for and ability in completing more complex learning tasks.
2. It supports language development, cognitive growth, motor skills, problem solving skills, and social interaction.
3. It aids in developing and enhancing memory function.
4. It’s great for calming an anxious or frustrated child.
5. It helps children learn vitally important sensory attributes (hot, cold, sticky, dry, etc.).